Vegan Mini Calzones recipe shared by Matt from Vegan .io.
Vegan Mini Calzones
These vegan mini calzones are jam packed with roasted vegetables and tofu, offering a variety of goodness without compromising on the taste.
Author: Matt - Vegan .io
Serves: 4 servings
For the dough
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1⁄2 tsp sugar
- 11⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 tbsp yeast
For the filling
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1⁄4 cup coconut cream
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 7 oz firm tofu (fortified if possible)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 cups red cabbage (shredded)
- 11⁄2 tsps sea salt
- 1 cup sweet corn (can)
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 1 tsp tumeric
- Prepare the dough first and let it raise for 30 minutes, it shouldn't stick to your fingers.
- Preheat the oven to 480 F (250 degrees).
- Use a big skillet and roast the garlic for 1 or 2 minutes together with the coconut oil.
- Add the cabbage and cook it on medium heat before you add the rest of the ingredients.
- The tofu needs to be crumbled and to get a even mixture.
- Reduce liquid before you put the skillet on the side to let it cool down.
- It shouldn't be wet anymore otherwise the calzones will be soggy.
- After 30 min. make 24 pieces of dough and use a rolling pin to flatten it before you put in the filling.
- Add 1-2 Tbs of filling and make sure all the edges are closed properly, otherwise the filling will leak.
- Bake the calzone for about 15 minutes and let it cool down before you serve it.
Serving size: 4 Calories: 768 Fat: 14 g Saturated fat: 8 g Trans fat: 0 g Carbohydrates: 134 g Sugar: 12 g Sodium: 1791.88 mg Fiber: 12 g Protein: 27 g Cholesterol: 0 mg