August 6, 2016
Amazing Cucumber Sushi recipe shared by Matt from Vegan.io.
Amazing Cucumber Sushi
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 mins||40 mins||45 mins|
For the sushi
- 0.5 avocados (sliced)
- 1 cucumber
- 0.5 red bell pepper (sliced into long strips)
- 0.5 large yellow bell pepper (sliced into long strips)
For the rice
- 0.33 cups sticky rice
- Put the rice in a saucepan, cover with double the amount of water and simmer until cooked (around 40 minutes). Then allow it to cool.
- Cut the cucumber in half and hollow out the flesh. Keep it to use in a smoothie later.
- Insert the rice into the cucumber halves, and compact it to one side, so that there's room for the other ingredients.
- Insert a slice of avocado and some pepper slices and then more rice to fill any gaps.
- Slice the cucumber into sushi sized pieces. Be careful not to slice it too thin or the filling will all fall out.
- Serve it with a little salt and pepper and impress your friends!
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5
Cucumber SushiCucumber sushi! A super cool, healthy and refreshing summer snack, with cucumber, bell pepper, sticky rice and avocado.