March 15, 2015
Sweeter Life Club shares a recipe for Banana Crunchy Top Muffins.
Banana Crunchy Top Muffins
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 mins||25 mins||35 mins|
- 1 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup wholemeal flour
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 350g reduced fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup Natvia
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 40g ALPS Blend
- 2 teaspoons apricot jam, warmed
- Preheat oven to 180°C and spray a 12 hole muffin pan with oil.
- Combine flours, almond meal, baking powder & cinnamon in a medium sized bowl.
- Stir through carrot and mashed banana.
- Whisk yoghurt, Natvia, egg and vanilla together, then gently fold through dry mixture.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tin and sprinkle over ALPS Blend.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in pan, then brush with warm jam.
- Remove from tray and cool on a wire rack.
Notes:You can use ALPs blend in everything - stirred through muesli, sprinkled over muesli and fruit, and as an extra crunch in salads. Makes 4 cups serve equals 2 tsp, therefore nutritional information is based on 2 tsp serves cup pumpkin seeds cup sunflower seeds cup flaked almonds, toasted ½ cup flax seeds ½ cup sesame seeds ¼ cup poppy seeds[ ¼ cup chia seeds Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5