Neel from friskycook shares a great recipe for Bengali Style Cottage Cheese and Milk Pudding, an Indian dessert.
Bengali Style Cottage Cheese and Milk Pudding is my go to recipe for busy days.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 mins||30 mins||40 mins|
- Homemade cottage cheese / ricotta cheese- 1 cup. (the steps of making this are listed below)
- 1 liter full fat Milk
- 1/ 2 cup Condensed Milk
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- A few nuts for the garnish
- 1/2 tsp powdered green cardamom
- 1 liter full fat milk
- 2 TBSP Lemon Juice
- Reduce the full fat 1 liter milk in a heave bottomed pan, and lower the flame when it reduces to half. Now add the condensed milk and keep stirring till it reaches the desired thickness.
- Once done add in the chana or the cottage cheese gently and one teaspoon at a time. Keep stirring constantly. Just remember that there should be enough liquid as the chana/cottage cheese will soak up a lot of the liquid once refrigerated. The consistency of the Chanar Paayesh should not be runny or dry. So adjust the milk accordingly.
- Once done, sprinkle pounded powdered green cardamom and mix.
- Cool the Chanar Paayesh and top it with slivered nuts and serve
- Heat one liter milk in a deep bottomed vessel.
- Once it starts to boil pour in 2 tbsp of lemon juice. Reduce the flame to low and stir gently.
- The milk will curdle and the greenish whey will separate.
- Wash under the running cold water and now strain the cheese and tie in a clean cotton cloth to strain the liquid.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5
Perfect for kids as well as adults who are looking to indulge.