Bharwa Karela recipe shared by Priyanka Dave from India Food Network.
The recipe which has the great taste of Indian herbs and beautiful aroma of Indian Cuisine “Bharwa karela” or “stuffed karela”. It is very simple and tasty. The preparation for this is very enjoyable for every Karela or Bitter Melon lovers.
Its super tasty and very delicious recipe go well with rice, roti, paratha and naan also. Karela (Bitter Melon) has many medicinal values and its good source of vitamin B and C, and rich in minerals like Iron, Calcium and Phosphorous. It’s a great dinner idea to enjoy with your loved ones.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 mins||15 mins||25 mins|
- Karele small 10
- Oil - 2 tablespoons
- Ginger garlic paste -1teaspoon.
- Onion paste 1/2 cup
- Coriander seeds 2 tablespoons.
- Methi seeds 1/2 teaspoon.
- Fennel seeds 1teaspoon.
- Nigella seeds 1/2 teaspoon.
- Garam masala powder 1 teaspoon.
- Haldi powder 1 teaspoon.
- Red chili powder 1 teaspoon.
- Coriander powder 1 tablespoon.
- Dry mango powder1/2 teaspoon.
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon nigella powder
- In a small pan roast coriander seeds, fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds until they turn golden brown in color
- Grind them
- In another pan add oil, nigella seeds, onion puree, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, dry mango powder, garam masala, nigella seed powder, prepared masala powder, water.
- Mix them together and cook them for 1-2 minutes.
- Stuff the prepared masala into the bitter gourd
- In another pan add oil, fry them and sprinkle some salt and cook them for 10-15 minutes
- Bharwa karela is ready to serve.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5