April 5, 2015
Choc Ganache with Cream and Fruit Tart recipe shared by Sweeter Life Club.
Choc Ganache with Cream and Fruit Tart
- 240g plain flour
- 200g butter
- pinch of salt
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1 Tablespoon Natvia
- 1 punnet raspberries/blueberries
- 160ml cream
- 40g butter
- 180g dark chocolate, finely chopped (or sugar free chocolate)
- Place the flour, butter and a pinch of salt in a food processor and blend until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add 1-2 teaspoons cold water and blend again until the dough just comes together. Tip out onto a lightly floured board or clean bench and form dough into a disc, enclose in cling film and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- Roll pastry out to 3-5mm thick, then use to line four 20cm loose-bottomed tart tin. Prick the base with a fork, then place back in the fridge to rest for about 10 minutes.
- To make the ganache, place the cream and butter in a pan and stir over medium heat until butter has melted. Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl, pour over the warm cream, then stir until the chocolate has melted.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line the pastry case with baking paper and pastry beads or uncooked rice. Blind-bake for 7-10 minutes, then remove baking paper and beads and bake for another 5-10 minutes until just golden. Press down any bubbles that have risen up and allow to cool. Remove from tart case and place on a serving plate or clean board.
- Meanwhile, whip thickened cream with Natvia until soft peaks. Cover with cling film and refrigerate until needed.
- Pour the chocolate ganache into the tart shells. Spread evenly with the back of a spoon or palette knife.
- Top tarts with cream and decorate with raspberries/blueberries.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5
Use strawberries/pitted cherries for topping.
You can use low fat cream instead of full cream.