April 7, 2015
Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti recipe shared by Sweeter Life Club.
Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|30 mins||45 mins||1 hour, 15 mins|
- 1 cup wholemeal spelt flour
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup peeled pistachios
- 2 eggs
- zest of an orange
- 1/2 cup Norbu
- 2 teaspoon instant coffee dissolved in 1 tsp boiling water
- Preheat oven to 170°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and pistachios in a medium sized bowl.
- Blend together eggs, zest, Norbu and dissolved coffee and stir through dry ingredients to form a dough.
- Lightly flour a board or bench and knead dough until smooth.
- Roll dough into two logs and bake for 25 minutes.
- Transfer to a board and whilst still warm, cut very thin slices with a serrated knife.
- Return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes, turn biscuits over and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stand for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5