April 12, 2015
Christmas Pudding (muffins) recipe shared by Sweeter Life Club.
Christmas Pudding (muffins)
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|20 mins||25 mins||45 mins|
- 2.5 cups boiling water
- 1.5 cups wholemeal self raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.5 tablespoon apple puree
- 1 cup Natvia
- 1.5 tablespoon reduced fat margarine
- 2 egg whites
- 375g prunes (pitted)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Place prunes & boiling water in saucepan, simmer for a few minutes until the prunes have softened.
- Remove from heat, stir in baking soda.
- Allow mixture to cool for 5 minutes. In a food processor add apple puree, Natvia, margarine, egg whites & blend.
- Sift flour.
- Mix liquids with flour (do not over-mix).
- Spoon into greased large muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly in muffin tins. Tip out & place on cooling tray or serve warm.
Notes:Serve with weight-watchers custard, low-fat ice-cream, vanilla yoghurt or frozen berries (optional)
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5