April 17, 2015
Decadent Clean Chocolate Brownie Hearts recipe shared by Sweeter Life Club.
Decadent Clean Chocolate Brownie Hearts
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|30 mins||1 hour, 30 mins||2 hours|
- 2 cups whole meal self raising flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup Natvia
- 1/2 cup apple puree or unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 - 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped sugar free dark chocolate
- Fangks Sugar free Chocolate Drinking Mix to dust
- Candied Pecans
- 2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- Prepare candied pecans day or night before. Toss nuts in maple syrup and spread on a lined baking tray. Bake in slow oven approx 140-150 degrees celsius for 1 hour. Allow to cool, and put aside in an airtight container.
- Mix flour, Natvia, cocoa, chocolate and the candied pecans (reserve some for garnish) together in large bowl.
- In separate bowl mix applesauce, oil and maple syrup. Add wet ingredients to the dry and begin to bring together. Slowly add in the water until you reach desired consistency.
- Line a deep baking dish with baking paper and pour in the brownie mixture making sure it is even and pushed into the corners. Bake in moderate oven 180 degrees for 20-25 mins.
- Allow to cool in baking dish for 5-10 mins and then transfer to cooling rack.
- Once cool, use a large heart shaped cookie cutter to cut heart shaped pieces of brownie. Decorate with Fangks Sugar free Chocolate Drinking Mix and left over candied pecans.
- Serve with a dollop of cashew “cream” or low fat yogurt sweetened with Natvia. (optional)
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5