April 19, 2015
Easy Apple Sauce recipe shared by Sweeter Life Club.
Easy Apple Sauce
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|20 mins||15 mins||35 mins|
- 500g Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, diced
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons = 40ml = 8 teaspoons/sticks Natvia
- pinch mixed spice
- OR option: omit if using as butter / egg substitute in plain cakes
- OR option: if you like the taste of cloves and cinnamon, then increase this to 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- OR make your own spice mix using 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon cloves and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- OR 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp ground Pimento=Allspice.
- 10g butter
- Combine apple and 1/3 cup cold water in a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until apple is soft.
- Add Natvia, mixed spice and butter. Stir to combine.
- Remove from heat. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- If smooth sauce* is required, process until smooth in a food processor.
Notes:smooth sauce*: only neccessary if using as an egg or butter substitute in baking. If served as a sauce (with roast pork, chicken or turkey) or simply as a dessert topping over ice cream, just mashed with a fork and left chunky. Serve warm or cold.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5