Goan Classic: Chicken Cafreal recipe shared by Ravi Kumar from India Food Network.
Chicken Cafreal is the best recipe chicken lovers will definitely like it. Chicken Cafreal recipe is a Goan style chicken dish and very popular in Goa and all over the world.
Goan Chicken Cafreal recipe is very tasty and usually served with bread and also like a snack with fried potatoes.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 mins||20 mins||30 mins|
- 400 gm chicken, medium pieces
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp 8 to 9 sauce
- 2 cups coriander Leaves
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 green chillies
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 8 cloves
- 8 pepper corns
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- 10 cashews
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup oil
- Salt to taste
- Marinate chicken pieces with salt, turmeric and 8 to 9 sauce.
- Grind together – coriander leaves, half the onions, green chillies, garlic, ginger, cloves, pepper corn, cinnamon, cumin seeds, poppy seeds, cashew to a fine paste.
- Heat oil, fry remaining half of onions, add chicken and sauté till it changes colour.
- Add ground paste, tomato ketchup, salt and the stock.
- Cover and cook on simmer for 25 minutes till chicken becomes tender.
- Serve with pao!
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5