by: Recipesn Food
December 15, 2015
Macaroni and Cheese with Prosciutto Casserole recipe shared by RecipesnFood.
Macaroni and Cheese with Prosciutto Casserole
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|25 mins||20 mins||45 mins|
- 2 cups small elbow macaroni
- 1½ cups packed grated cheese (about 6 oz)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 oz thinly sliced prosciutto, coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan
- ⅛ tsp grated nutmeg
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In medium saucepan of boiling salted water, cook macaroni according to package directions until al dente; drain well.
- In large bowl, whisk ½ cup cheese, cream, milk, prosciutto, Parmesan and nutmeg to blend.
- Add macaroni; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to buttered 11 by 7 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake on bottom rack of preheated 400*F oven until cheese melts and macaroni sets, about 20 minutes.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5