by: Recipesn Food
January 22, 2016
Orange Custard Cookies recipe shared by RecipesnFood.
Orange Custard Cookies Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|30 mins||25 mins||55 mins|
- 2 cup Flour
- 3 tbs Sugar
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- ¾ cup Butter, cold in 12 pieces
- 1 Egg - slightly beaten
- 1 tbs Water iced
- ⅔ cup Whipping cream
- ⅔ cup Sugar
- ¾ cup Almonds finely ground
- Orange zest, finely grated
- Half an orange
- 2 ts Orange flower water
- Or 1 ts vanilla
- ⅛ ts Nutmeg
- ⅛ ts Salt
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in food processor. Add cold butter cubes and process just until resembles coarse meal.
- Blend in egg until just mixed. If necessary, add drips of ice water just until dough holds together.
- Knead dough 15 seconds, form into a ball. Cover and set aside 15 minutes.
- Mix together egg, whipping cream and sugar. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly butter 24 miniature cookie tins. On lightly floured surface, roll out dough to ⅛" thick.
- Cut out dough using scalloped 2½-inch cutter. Place one round in each cookie tin, pressing firmly over bottom and sides. Fill each shell half full with custard mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and a knife inserted in center of custard comes out clean.
- Use tip of a pointed knife to loosen and remove cookies from tins.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5