by: Recipesn Food
November 16, 2015
Plum Custard Tart recipe shared by RecipesnFood.
Plum Custard Tart
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 mins||25 mins||35 mins|
- 1¾ pound red or purple plums pitted and quartered lengthwise about 10 plums
- 1 recipe walnut pastry dough large single-crust
- 2 tbs semolina or cornmeal
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbs all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup 1% milk
- confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Position oven racks in center and lower third of oven; preheat to 425°F. Lightly oil an 11 inch tart pan with a removable bottom or coat it with nonstick spray.
- Arrange plums, cut-side down, in a single layer on a baking sheet with sides. Roast on the lower rack for 10 to 12 minutes, or until tender and browned in spots, turning plums over halfway through cooking.
- Set aside to cool. Reduce oven temperature to 375°. Place 2 overlapping sheets of plastic wrap on a work surface. Set dough in the center and cover with 2 more sheets of plastic wrap. Roll dough into a 13-inch circle.
- Remove top sheets of plastic and invert dough into prepared pan, letting excess dough hang over the edges.
- Gently press dough into bottom and sides of pan. Pull off plastic wrap. To trim excess dough, run a rolling pin over the top edge of the tart pan.
- Place pan on a baking sheet with sides. Sprinkle semolina (or cornmeal) over crust. Arrange roasted plums, skin-side down, in a single layer inside tart shell.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk egg, sugar, flour and vanilla until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk. Slowly pour custard over plums.
- Bake on the center rack for 25 to 30 minutes, or until custard is set. To remove tart ring, place bottom of tart pan on the top of a large can and carefully press down on the edges until ring slides off.
- Transfer tart to a large platter to cool. Just before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.
- MAKES 12 SERVINGS.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5