by: Recipesn Food
October 28, 2015
Southwest Grilled Chicken recipe shared by RecipesnFood.
Southwest Grilled Chicken
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|20 mins||20 mins||40 mins|
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper fresh ground
- 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (to taste)
- 2 pounds chicken parts
- Breasts (halved if whole) and the legs cut into drumsticks and thigh sections.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, sugar, black pepper, tarragon, and red pepper flakes.
- Add the chicken and turn it to coat with the marinade.
- Let the chicken marinate, covered and chilled, overnight.
- Drain it and discard the marinade.
- Grill the chicken on an oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals, turning it, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until it is cooked through.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5