by: Recipesn Food
October 17, 2015
Tasty White Fish Crumble Casserole recipe shared by RecipesnFood.
Tasty White Fish Crumble Casserole
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|20 mins||35 mins||55 mins|
- 1 lb white fish fillets
- 1¼ cups milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and small diced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 6 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups fish or vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp whipping cream
- 1 tsp freshly chopped dill
Crumble topping :
- ⅓ cup butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray with non-stick spray a 8x8" baking dish. Place the fish in a saucepan with the milk, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes until the fish is cooked. Remove with a slotted spoon, reserving cooking liquids. Flake the fish into the 8x8" baking dish.
- Heat the oil and 1-tbsp of butter in a small skillet and gently fry the onions, leeks, carrots, and potatoes for 1-2 minutes.
- Cover tightly and cook on low until softened, about 10 minutes. Spoon the vegetables over fish.
- Melt the remaining butter in a saucepan and add the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Whisk in the reserved cooking liquid and the stock.
- Cook until thickened, and then stir in cream. Remove from heat and then stir in dill. Pour over fish.
- Mix the butter with the flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in cheese and cayenne pepper.
- Sprinkle over the dish and bake in 400°F oven for 20 minutes.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5