Tomato Soup Recipe shared by Ranjani from Ranjani’s Kitchen.
Tomato soup recipe – a soup which is commonly available in all restaurants. Can I say it’s a basic soup recipe if anyone wants to make. However its easy or basic, the taste varies from restaurant to home made. I tried making this tomato soup recipe with closer touch to restaurant style.
I served with home made bread croutons. Croutons are the best combo for soups ever. Simple toasted bread cubes are enough to serve or serve it plain with a dot of cream and pepper powder.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|1 hour||1 hour, 30 mins||2 hours, 30 mins|
- Tomatoes – 4 no’s
- Carrot/ beetroot – 2 small pieces (optional)
- Bay leaf – 1 no
- Garlic flakes – 4 to nos.
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Sugar – 1 tbsp.
- Butter – 1 tbsp.
- Corn flour – 1 tbsp.
- Fresh cream – 1 tbsp. (optional)
- Coriander leaves – few
- Heat a pan, add butter, once it melts, add bay leaf and garlic. Sauté for min till garlic slightly changes its colour.
- Transfer it to a vessel to pressure cook. Add tomatoes , carrot/beetrootand garlic to it. Add enough water and pressure cook for two whistles.
- Cool down and remove the outer skin from tomatoes without mashing the flesh.
- Grind altogether except bay leaf in a mixer by adding the same cooked water. Keep the remaining water to add in soup.
- Drain the grinded puree along with water to remove tomato seeds.
- Now heat a sauce pan, add the pureed tomato, salt and enough water. Add the bay leaf also to it.
- Allow it to boil. Meanwhile mix corn flour along with 2 tbsp. of water and keep aside.
- Once the soup starts slightly thickening add corn flour mix and stir well.
- Once it reaches soup consistency, add fresh cream and turn off the flame, add pepper powder and chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5