Let me tell you how this Quick Beef Gravy came about. I needed a gravy to go with dinner and didn’t have any quicky gravy jars or packets available. No time to run to the store so I start digging in the cupboards to see what I’ve got. BINGO, beef bullion and tons of spices!!! A new beef gravy recipe is born.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 mins||10 mins||15 mins|
- 3 Beef Bullion Cubes
- 2 cups Water
- 1 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Parsley Flakes
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 2-3 TBL Cornstarch
- 1-2 TBL Cold Water
- In a small sauce pan, add water and beef bullion cubes.
- Heat on Medium-High until comes to a slight boil and bullion cubes are dissolved.
- Reduce heat to Medium.
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, parsley flakes, salt and minced garlic. Mix well.
- Increase heat to Medium-High until comes to a slight boil then reduce heat to low and let cook for 5 min.
- Remove from heat and stir.
- In a small bowl or cup, mix cornstarch and cold water with a fork until cornstarch dissolves.
- Add cornstarch slurry to gravy mix, stirring constantly.
- Gravy will thicken up as you stir.
- If gravy isn't thick enough after stirring in cornstarch slurry, place pan on medium heat, stirring constantly until gravy comes to a very slight boil.
- Reduce heat to low, continue stirring for one minute.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 3 minutes.
Recipe Rating: 5 / 5
Try adding a little minced onions, thyme, bayleaf and/or rosemary to the gravy.
You can use beef broth or stock in place of bullion. Use 1 1/2 cups broth and 1/2 cup water or 2 cups of stock.