March 17, 2016
Afghan Marinated Lamb (for Kabuli Pulao) recipe shared by Rebecca from RawSpiceBar.
Afghan Marinated Lamb (for Kabuli Pulao)
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|20 mins||20 mins||40 mins|
- RawSpiceBar’s Afghan Lamb Rub
- 1.5 lb leg of lamb, cut in cubes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and pat the meat dry. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Over medium temperature heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and add the onion. Stir until just wilted.
- Add the garlic and the saffron and stir to combine flavors.
- Then add the meat, the rest of the vegetable oil, and keep stirring until the pieces are browned on all sides.
- Add water, reduce heat to low, and cook, skimming the surface as needed. Cook for 1.5 hours, or until the lamb is fork tender.
- Remove the lamb and set aside in a bowl.
- Reserve the stock.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5