Black Bean and Baby Kale Salad recipe shared by Maren from EatingWorks.
This salad pairs up great with this Spicy Green Dressing.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|15 mins||45 mins||1 hour|
- 1 Cup Black Beans, soaked overnight drained and rinsed
- 1 Piece Kombu
- 2 Cups Romaine Lettuce, chopped
- 4 Cups Baby Kale
- ½ Cup Mint, shredded
- 2 Large Scallions, thinly sliced on the bias
- ½ Cup Cilantro
- Refer to notes for dressing
- To cook the beans combine in a pot with 5 cups of water, Kombu, and ½ teaspoon of sea salt. Cover and bring to a boil then reduce down to a simmer and cook the beans until they are tender (about 45 min).
- Toss kale, romaine, mint, cilantro, beans, sour krout and scallions together with as much dressing as you want!
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5
This Spicy and Bright Salad is both satisfying and cleansing. The flavor is so rich it practically jumps right off the plate.