by: Recipesn Food
November 27, 2015
Basil and Olive Scones with Tomato Chutney recipe shared by RecipesnFood.
Basil and Olive Scones with Tomato Chutney
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|25 mins||15 mins||40 mins|
- 50 g Pure spread
- 200 g self raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 25 g pitted olives, chopped
- 50 g sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 50 ml water
- Sweet Tomato Chutney
- 25 g Pure spread
- 3 medium tomatoes, skinned & diced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & crushed
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp snipped basil leaves
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- To make the scones preheat oven to 220°C/Gas mark 5. Grease a baking sheet with Pure spread.
- Sieve flour and baking powder, add salt and rub in Pure spread. Stir in basil, tomatoes and olives. Add water and mix to soft dough.
- "Knead lightly and roll out to 1 inch thickness. Using a 6½cm pastry cutter cut the mixture into rounds and place on baking tray."
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Serve warm, spread with Pure spread and a spoonful of sweet tomato chutney.
TOMATO CHUTNEY :
- Heat the Pure spread in a small pan, and gently stir fry the shallots for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the tomatoes and garlic and cook for a few minutes. Add the vinegar, sugar and season.
- Stir well and simmer for 4 minutes. The tomatoes have softened and the liquid has reduced.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the basil leaves. Cool the mixture before storing in a clean, lidded container.
- The chutney will keep for several days in a refrigerator.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5