by: Recipesn Food
November 27, 2015
Roast Chicken with Two Lemons recipe shared by RecipesnFood.
Roast Chicken with Two Lemons
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 mins||40 mins||50 mins|
- 3 to 4 lb chicken
- Salt and ground pepper
- 2 smallish, thin skinned lemons, washed well and dried
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic
- Preheat oven to 350. Thoroughly wash the chicken.
- Let the bird stand on a slightly tilted plate for about 10 minutes so that all the water drains out.
- Dry all over. Season the chicken inside and out with salt and pepper; rub in the seasonings.
- Set the lemons on a counter and roll them back and forth, pressing with your palm.
- Puncture each lemons in at least 20 places. Place both lemons and garlic cloves in the cavity.
- Seal the opening with toothpicks; close well, but don't make an airtight job of it because the chicken may burst.
- Run kitchen string from one leg to the other and tie it at the knuckle ends; the string serves only to keep the thighs from spreading apart and splitting the skin. Set the chicken breast down in a roasting pan.
- Place it in the upper third of the oven and roast for 30 minutes. Carefully turn the chicken over onto its back and cook for another 30 to 35 minutes.
- Turn the oven up to 400 F and cook for additional 20 minutes. (Calculate between 20 and 25 minutes total cooking time per pound.) Spoon the juices over the chicken and serve. A perfect roast chicken.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5