Bengali Aloo Posto recipe shared by Ravi Kumar from India Food Network.
Make authentic Bengali Aloo Posto recipe at home within in a couple of minutes.
Aloo Posto is one of the popular authentic Bengali recipes. It is very well known and it has blast of flavour of herbs and spices.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 mins||15 mins||20 mins|
- 6 potatoes, cubed and parboiled
- 50 g posto/ poppy seeds (khus khus)
- 2 dry red chilies
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp kalo jeera/ kalonji/ nigella seeds
- 1/2 a red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Salt as per taste
- 3 green chilies
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Take a pan and pour some oil.
- Put the red and green chilies. Add the nigella seeds.
- Now add the cubed potatoes.
- Put all the spices – turmeric powder, chili powder, jeera powder and the poppy seed paste.
- Add some water and cook the potatoes.
- Once cooked, serve with warm rice.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5