September 24, 2016
Curry Chicken and LentilsCurry Chicken and Lentils recipe shared by kitty bledsoe from Yep Recipes.
Curry Chicken and Lentils
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 mins||30 mins||40 mins|
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken diced
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 TBSP garlic powder
- 2 TBSP curry powder
- 3 TBSP vegetable oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Rinse lentils and set aside.
- In a dutch oven heat the oil over medium high and add carrot, onion and garlic. Cook stirring often about 3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and curry powder and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Stir in lentils and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes or until lentils are soft.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5