October 22, 2017
Black Rice with Coconut Milk and Spicy Chickpeas recipe shared by Matt from Vegan.io.
Black Rice with Coconut Milk and Spicy Chickpeas
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
For the Vegetables
- 1⁄2 lb carrot (chopped)
- 3 cups chickpeas
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- 2 tsps dried smoked paprika
- 2 tsps garlic powder
- 2 inches ginger (minced)
- 2 tsps ground corriander
- 2 tsps ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 2 tsps turmeric powder
- 2 medium zucchini (chopped)
For the Rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups black rice
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- Cook the rice with the coconut milk and water until soft for about 30 - 40 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 420 F (220 degrees) and cover a baking tray with baking paper.
- Use a big bowl and mix the herbs with the tahini and coconut oil.
- Add the chickpeas and the vegetables and mix everything well before you spread it on the baking tray.
- Roast the vegetables and chickpeas for about 30 minutes in the oven.
- Add salt and adjust taste before you serve the vegetables with rice.
Notes:Calories: 1013 Fat: 56g Saturated fat: 39g Carbohydrates: 99g Sugar: 13g Sodium: 687.38mg Fiber: 18g Protein: 28g Cholesterol: 0mg
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5