February 20, 2014
Bread Poha recipe shared by Anjana Chaturvedi from Maayeka. A great food blog about authentic and traditional vegetarian Indian food.
My recipe is very simple and quick. A nice way to use left over bread to make a quick fix snack. You need just a few ingredients to make this and a filling breakfast or tiffin for your kids is ready to pack. I have added some buttermilk to soften it, but you can also sprinkle some water or avoid both if you want to make it crisp.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 mins||8 mins||13 mins|
- Bread slices-4
- Butter milk-1.5 tbsp(optional)
- Ginger grated-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric-1/3 tsp
- Chili powder-1/2 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Fresh coriander,chopped- 1tbsp
- Cooking oil-1.5 tbsp
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp
- Green chili,chopped-1tsp
- Curry leaves
- Cut bread slices in medium size cubes.
- Arrange in a plate and sprinkle some buttermilk or water to slightly moisten them(this step is optional)
- Now sprinkle salt,chili powder and lemon juice over the pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, when seeds start crackling add chopped green chilies and curry leaves.
- Now add chopped tomato and ginger and saute for few seconds.
- Add turmeric powder and bread cubes and mix gently.
- Add chopped fresh coriander and mix
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or mint chutney.
Notes:You can also add some finely chopped mix vegetables at step 5 and saute for a while then add tomato. Can use water instead of buttermilk.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5