Sabrina from CHA! by Texas Pete® shares this recipe for Buttery CHA! Steamed Mussels with Grilled Bread.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|20 mins||3 mins||23 mins|
- 4 lbs Mussels, cleaned, beards removed
- 3 TBS Olive Oil
- 4 Shallots, sliced into thin rings
- 1/8 cup Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup CHA! By Texas Pete®
- 1 cup White Wine
- 1 stick Butter, softened
- Salt and pepper To taste
- 3 TBS Parsley, fresh, rough chopped
- 3 TBS Chives, fresh, minced
- 3 TBS Tarragon, fresh, rough chopped
- 1 -16 oz. Baguette, sliced ½ inch thick on bias
- 4 TBS Olive oil 4
- Start by cleaning the mussels well with a wet rag and remove the beards from the hinge of the shell.
- Place a large pot with a tight fitting lid on the stove top and turn on high heat.
- Add the olive oil and the sliced shallots and cook on high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Next, add the mussels to the pan and cook for 1 more minute on high heat until you can hear the bottom of the pan sizzling. Add the Dijon mustard, CHA! By Texas Pete®, white wine, butter and a pinch of salt and pepper all at the same time. Place the lid on the pan and allow the mussels to steam for approximately 2-3 minutes. Once the mussels begin to open up, remove the lid from the pan and allow the sauce to reduce and thicken by half with the mussels in the pan.
- While the mussels are cooking, prepare the toasted bread.
- Preheat the broiler in the oven.
- Slice the baguette into ½ inch thick slices on a bias and drizzle with olive oil. Place the bread on a sheet tray and place it under the broiler to toast until golden brown and crispy. Remove the bread from the oven.
- When the sauce for the mussels has thickened and reduced by half, remove and add the fresh chopped parsley, chives, and tarragon.
- Arrange the steamed mussels into a large serving bowl. Pour the sauce over the mussels and serve with the toasted bread dipping.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5
A skillet loaded with fresh steamed mussels smothered in a spicy white wine butter sauce flavored with CHA! By Texas Pete®, fresh squeezed lemon, Dijon mustard and lots of fresh herbs, served with toasted bread for dipping.