April 5, 2015
Chocolate Dipped Churros recipe shared by Sweeter Life Club.
Chocolate Dipped Churros
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|20 mins||50 mins||1 hour, 10 mins|
- 100gm dark chocolate
- 25gm milk chocolate
- 15ml golden syrup
- 150ml double cream
- 1/2 cup Natvia
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- 125grm Vitarium Gluten-free plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 250ml boiled water
- 15ml olive oil
- 1ml canola oil for frying
- Melt all the chocolate, golden syrup, double cream in a heavy-based saucepan, really gently, and once the chocolate starts to melt, stir everything together, take off the heat and leave in a warm place.
- Mix the Natvia and cinnamon powder in a wide, shallow dish (this is for shaking the cooked churros about in, to coat them later)
Making the churros
- Combine flour and baking powder, mix well.
- Add in the oil, and freshly boiled water, mix until you have a sticky dough, let it rest for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat the oil in a small saucepan (the oil should be around one-third of the way up the sides of the pan). The temperature should be around 170 degress Celcius.
- Load up a pipping bag with a large star-shaped nozzle and fill with the churros dough.
- Squeeze short lengths of dough about 5-6cm into the hot oil, and snip off the churros with a pair of scissors.
- Cook the churros in batches about 3-4 at a time, until they are golden, dry them in paper towel.
- Just before serving, toss all churros in the Natvia and cinnamon mixture and shake them well.
- Serve and happy dunking in that yummy chocolate sauce!
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5
Can be served with chocolate or strawberry sauce, or even by itself with Natvia and cinnamon! Yum!