October 22, 2017
Couscous Salad with Bell Pepper, Tofu and Sweet Corn recipe shared by Matt from Vegan.io.
Couscous Salad with Bell Pepper, Tofu and Sweet Corn
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 mins||15 mins||25 mins|
For the couscous
- 1⁄2 cup couscous
- 1⁄2 cup water
For the salad
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh parsley (stems removed and thinly chopped)
- 3 tbsps raisins (thinly sliced)
- 1 large red bell pepper (diced)
- 3 1⁄2 oz romaine lettuce (washed)
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 2 medium tomatoes (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup walnut halves (crushed and roasted)
For the tofu
- 1 tsp dried smoked paprika
- 13 oz firm tofu (fortified if possible) (diced)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- Boil the water for the couscous and pour it into the bowl of couscous, cover it with a lid and let it stand for 15 minutes, or until the liquids are absorbed. Fluff up the couscous with a fork.
- Preheat a medium skillet and add the sesame oil and the soy sauce to fry the tofu for about 5-10 minutes until golden brown after that sprinkle the smoked paprika on top and mix well.
- Use a big salad bowl and mix all the ingredients with the dressing and adjust taste before serving.
Notes:Calories: 372 Fat: 14g Saturated fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 45g Sugar: 15g Sodium: 580.84mg Fiber: 6g Protein: 16g Cholesterol: 0mg
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5