September 1, 2016
Couscous with Roasted Pumpkin and Walnut recipe shared by Julia from Vegan.io.
Couscous with Roasted Pumpkin and Walnut
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|15 mins||20 mins||35 mins|
For the roasted vegetables
- 1 leek (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 0.5 large onion (chopped)
- 4 cups pumpkin (cut into chunks)
For the couscous
- 0.5 tsps allspice
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup couscous
- 0.25 tsps ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsps raisins
- 1.25 cups vegetable stock
- 0.5 cups walnut (toasted and lightly crushed)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil.
- Place cubed pumpkins, chopped onions and leek on the tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper and toss.
- Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, bring the vegetable stock to a boil.
- In a large heatproof bowl, mix couscous, raisin, allspice, nutmeg, paprika, cayenne and a pinch of salt.
- Pour the boiling vegetable stock into the bowl of couscous mixture and cover with a lid and let stand for 15 minutes, or until the liquids are absorbed.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork.
- To serve, mix together couscous and roasted pumpkin. Stir in walnuts. Enjoy!
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5
Quick & delicious couscous with roasted pumpkin, walnut, raisins and spices.