Creme Caramel and Soft Caramel Fudge recipe shared by Sweeter Life Club.
|1 hour, 15 mins
- 1 1/4 cups Natvia Baking Pack
- 1 teaspoon golden syrup
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- 125g butter
- 400g Natvia condensed milk
- 2 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 cup Natvia Baking Pack
- 3/4 cup good white chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees or 150 degrees fan-forced. Combine 3/4 cup of Natvia, 1 teaspoon golden syrup and 1 cup cold water in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Boil without stirring for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from heat. Set aside for 2 minutes to allow bubbles to subside. Pour sweetener mixture into six 1 cup-capacity ovenproof dishes. Set aside to set.
- Combine cream, milk and vanilla in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook stirring for 6 to 8 minutes or until small bubbles form at edge of pan. Remove from heat.
- Whisk eggs and remaining Natvia in a bowl until pale and creamy. Slowly and cream mixture, whisking constatnly. Strain mixture into a jug. Divide between dishes.
- Place dishes in a large baking dish. Pour boiling water into baking dish until halfway up the sides of smaller dishes. Bake for 30 minutes or until just set. Remove baking dish from oven. Remove dishes from water. Set aside to cool. Refrigerate overnight. Run a thin knife around edge of each dish. Turn out onto 1cm-deep plates. Serve.
- Line a 7cm x 25cm bar tin with baking paper.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over a low heat. Add condensed milk, golden syrup and Natvia.
- Stir over a low heat until it comes to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, stir in white chocolate and mix until smooth.
- Pour into prepared tin and allow to cool. Refrigerate for at least two hours. Best if refrigerated over night. Serve cut into squares or slices.
- Cooling time is very important as it needs this to set properly. If you do not allow enough time to cool, your fudge may have more of a toffee consistency.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5
As this elegant Creme Caramel and delicious Soft Caramel Fudge are refrigerated overnight it is the perfect dessert for a dinner party as it can be made ahead of time and simply taken out of the refrigerator at the conclusion of your meal.
The creamy smooth consistency of the Creme Caramel is sure to impress your guests. The silky smooth Soft Caramel Fudge is wonderful served with coffee after dinner of if you wish beside the Creme Caramel.
Please share a little sweetness and enjoy.