April 15, 2015
Cranberry Florentines recipe shared by Sweeter Life Club.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|20 mins||20 mins||40 mins|
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup flaked almonds
- 1/2 cup cranberries, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Naked Buderim uncrystallised ginger*
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup wholemeal spelt flour
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- 3/4 cup Norbu
- 1/3 cup honey
- 100g dark cooking chocolate
- Preheat oven to 170°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine seeds, almonds, cranberries, ginger, oats, flour and spices in a medium sized bowl.
- Heat Norbu and honey in a small saucepan and cook over low to medium heat for 5 minutes, then stir through dry ingredients until combined.
- Place heaped tablespoon measures of mixture on the baking tray and shape into rounds, flattening mixture out to an even thickness. Slightly wet your hands to prevent mixture from sticking to them.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, remove from oven, cool on trays for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Melt chocolate in a metal bowl over a saucepan of boiling water then spread a thin layer over half of the biscuit.
- Cool, then store in an airtight container.
Notes:This looks like the normal crystallised dried ginger but without the sugar coating.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5