Easy Malwani Chicken recipe shared by Ravi Kumar from India Food Network.
How to make Malwani chicken at home? Just follow these steps and make the most delicious and authentic Malwani Chicken Curry recipe. It’s one of the awesome recipes from Maharashtrian Cuisine.
Malwani Chicken Curry is spicy and full of flavours, an excellent and delicious dish one can make with few simple and easy steps.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|20 mins||1 hour||1 hour, 20 mins|
- 800 gms fresh chicken cut into small pieces
- 3tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 4 green chillies
- fresh coriander chopped
- 2 onions finely cut
- 1 tsp malwani masala
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 3 cloves
- 1 inch dalchini
- 4 peppercorns
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1 stone flower
- 1 nutmeg flower
- 1/2 cup grated dry coconut
- 1 onion sliced
- Marinate the chicken with turmeric, salt and paste of green chilli, ginger, garlic and coriander.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil add the garam masala fry and add onion sliced. Fry till brown, add the dry coconut and fry for 3 mins till dark brown in colour.
- Heat oil in another pan, add the onion finely chopped, fry till translucent.
- Add the marinated chicken, fry for 1 min
- Add water and cook till half done.
- Grind the masala into a paste
- Add the chilli powder and malwani masala to the cooking chicken.
- Cook on simmer for 6 mins.
- Add the ground masala and cook further for 5mins till a thick gravy is formed
- Serve with wada
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5