Idli Upma recipe shared by Priyanka Dave from India Food Network.
Learn how to make Idli Upma at home with this easy and simple recipe. Idli Upma recipe is a South Indian dish made of Idli. This dish is perfect for breakfast, snacks and for the small meal for Kids School Tiffin.
Recipe for Idli Upma is upgraded version of Upma using Idli.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 mins||15 mins||25 mins|
- 4 Idlis
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- Urad dal (Split black gram)
- Cumin seeds
- Green chillies
- 1 tbsp dhania (coriander) powder
- 2 small onions, sliced thinly
- Salt to taste
- Crushed ginger
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- A dash of hing (asafoetida)
- Curry leaves
- In a heated pan, add in oil. Add mustard, urad daal, cumin, curry leaves and chillies. Mix.
- Add in the onions and turmeric and mix again.
- Add in salt and the crumbled idlis. Mix well and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5