November 25, 2017
Green Beans with Creamy Tomato Sauce and Chickpeas recipe shared by Matt from Vegan.io.
Green Beans with Creamy Tomato Sauce and Chickpeas
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 mins||15 mins||25 mins|
For the green beans
- 12 oz green beans (cleaned and washed)
- 1 tsp sea salt
For the sauce
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon wheat flour
For the seasoning
- 3 tsps dried oregano
- 2 tsps sea salt
For the chickpeas
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1⁄2 cup water
For the topping
- 4 tbsps nutritional yeast
- Boil the green beans and salt in a pot with water for 13-15 minutes.
- Use a medium size skillet to roast the garlic with the olive oil for about 1-3 minutes.
- Add the flour to to the garlic and olive oil and roast it for another minute.
- Take the skillet off the heat and add the almond milk, stir well.
- Put it back on the stove and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Add the tomato paste and the seasoning.
- Mix the chickpeas and the water and mash everything up with a fork.
- Serve the beans with sauce on top, add the mashed chickpeas and the topping.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5