Kolhapuri Mutton recipe shared by Ravi Kumar from India Food Network. Author:
Cook Kolhapuri Mutton at home just like restaurant style in simple and easy steps. This is a very popular dish from the region of Kolhapur in Maharashtra. Kolhapuri Mutton has a blast of taste of Indian herbs and spices.
This Kolhapuri Mutton recipe is a traditional recipe that is one of the famous non-veg dishes and is known for its delicious and unique taste.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|25 mins||45 mins||1 hour, 10 mins|
- Turmeric Powder
- Green Chutney
- Poppy Seeds
- Coriander Seeds
- Fresh Coconut
- Dried Coconut
- Chilli Powder
- Kolhapuri Masala
- Black Stone Flower
- Fennel Seeds
- Take some mutton in a bowl and add salt, turmeric powder & green chutney & mix it well.
- Take a deep pan, add some oil & chopped onions and sautée until translucent.
- Add the mutton to the pan and cook it until the mutton turns slightly white.
- Add some water & let the mutton cook.
- Take a flat pan, add oil, cinnamon, peppercorns, cloves, black stone flower, fennel seeds, poppy seeds, coriander seeds and chopped onions and roast it until it becomes dark brown in color.
- Add fresh & dried coconut and roast it.
- Wait till the mixture gets cold & then grind it into a nice paste.
- Strain off the mutton stock.
- Take a pan , sautée some chopped onions.
- Add the paste to it and mix it well.
- Add chilli powder & kolhapuri masala to the pan and mix well.
- Add the mutton pieces to the pan and stir it well.
- Drizzle some stock in the pan and let it cook for sometime.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5