Mixed Curry Flavoured Rice recipe shared by Shubho Dutta from YouTube’s Cook with Shubho.
An island from Laos is an inspiration for this appetizing rice dish where I met a resort owner, spent a day with her and understood the recipes of how this mixed curry flavoured rice works. It is a really delicious dish with exotic flavours and hot spices that make it a hit.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|8 mins||20 mins||28 mins|
- 3 TBL oil
- Thai red curry paste (or green curry)
- Crushed chilli
- 7 cloves of garlic
- 5 cm. of ginger
- 3 onions
- Any vegetables (paprika, courgette or something else)
- 1 - 2 TBL oil
- 1 lb of chicken
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Handful of Spinach
- Coconut milk
- Finely chop the onions and about 6 cloves of garlic.
- Finely chop the ginger as well.
- Put about 3 TBS of oil in a hot pan.
- Put 2 1/2 tsp of Thai curry paste and chilli flakes in pan.
- After about 2 minutes, add the ginger and garlic.
- After 1 minute of frying, add the onions as well.
- Chop the paprika and mix it in as well.
- Stir it nicely and then take it off the gas.
- Chop the chicken into really fine pieces.
- Take some oil in a hot pan and put in the chicken.
- Add some grounded pepper to it.
- Cover it and fry it for about 5 minutes.
- Add some spinach in as well. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add cooked rice into the pan. Add the vegetables.
- Add half a can of coconut milk and 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Add 1 tsp of sugar and mix it well.
- Cook for about 5 minutes as you stir and mix it.
- Put down the heat and take it off the gas.
- Serve it with a garnishing of coriander leaves.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5
The best thing about this dish is it that you don’t need a lot of things. You can add whatever your fridge has – vegetables, prawns, fish, or whatever you want. Just add all the ingredients, mix the rice and you are ready to feast on this awesome dish.