October 22, 2017
Pasta with Vegan Scallops, Sauce Alfredo and Baby Spinach recipe shared by Matt from Vegan.io.
Pasta with Vegan Scallops, Sauce Alfredo and Baby Spinach
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 mins||10 mins||15 mins|
For the Scallops
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 1⁄2 oz king oyster mushroom (sliced)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
For the sauce alfredo
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsps nutritional yeast
- 1⁄2 tsp sea salt
- 1 medium shallot (thinly sliced)
- 1⁄2 tsp tapioca starch
For the spaghetti
- 5 1⁄4 oz whole grain spaghetti
For the Spinach
- 3 1⁄2 oz baby spinach (washed)
- Preheat a big pot of water to boil the whole grain spaghetti for 6-8 minutes.
- Mix the all the ingredients for the scallops in a small bowl and set aside for 2 minutes then fry
- them golden brown in a skillet for about 5-8 minutes.
- For the alfredo sauce use a big skillet to saute the shallots in olive oil until golden brown then turn off the heat and add the almond milk.
- Mix the nutritional yeast and the salt with the tapioca starch and add it to the almond milk.
- Heat up the almond milk again and use a whisk to mix all the ingredients for the sauce well, stir while it's boiling for 1-2 minutes until the sauce thickens a bit.
- Add the cooked pasta, scallops and the baby spinach to the alfredo sauce and mix everything well before serving.
Notes:Calories: 563 Fat: 17g Saturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 76g Sugar: 6g Sodium: 1741.5mg Fiber: 15g Protein: 27g Cholesterol: 0mg
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5