October 22, 2017
Black Bean Burger with Wild Mushrooms, Black Rice and Fresh Coriander recipe shared by Matt from Vegan.io.
Black Bean Burger with Wild Mushrooms, Black Rice and Fresh Coriander
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 mins||1 hour, 10 mins||1 hour, 20 mins|
For the Patty
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup black rice
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1⁄2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- 1 tsp dried coriander seed (ground)
- 9 sprigs fresh coriander (finely chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 ketchup
- 2 tsps masala powder
- 2 tsps sea salt
- 4 tbsps water
- 2 cups wild mushroom
For the Burger
- 8 burger bun whole grains
- 8 tbsps hummus
- 8 medium iceberg lettuce
- 8 tbsps ketchup
- 1 large onion (finely sliced)
- 4 medium scallion (thinly sliced)
- 2 large tomato (sliced)
- 2 tbsps water
- Mix the chia seeds with the water and put it on the side for 5 minutes.
- Preheat a skillet with one tbs coconut oil and add the garlic, fry it for about 1-2 minutes and add the mushrooms and fry those for another 5 minutes.
- Boil the black beans and the rice for about an hour and put it into a big bowl together with the mushrooms, use a food processor to create a smooth mixture.
- Add the garlic, herbs, salt, ketchup and soaked chia seeds and mix everything well.
- Preheat a big skillet and fry the patties until golden brown from both sides with half a tbs coconut oil per 4 patties.
- Use a small bowl and mix the scallions with the hummus and the water.
- Spread one tbs from the hummus scallion mixture on the bun and add the lettuce leaf, sliced tomato, patty and one piece of vegan cheese and ketchup on top.
Notes:Calories: 399 Fat: 8g Saturated fat: 4g Carbohydrates: 67g Sugar: 13g Sodium: 1083.51mg Fiber: 10g Protein: 15g Cholesterol: 0mg
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5