Punjabi Rajma (Kidney Beans Indian Curry) recipe shared by Riddhima Nair from India Food Network.
Punjabi Rajma (Kidney Beans Indian Curry) – Punjabi rajma is not only tasty and delicious but also healthy .
Rajma is a spicy onion and tomato gravy which is served with rice. It only takes 30 min to cook. Beans are soft and favorable in taste.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|20 mins||30 mins||50 mins|
- Rajma - 1 cup
- Mustard oil - 6 tbsp
- Onion - 1 and ½ cup ( finely chopped )
- Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
- Kashmiri red chili powder - 2 tsp
- Roasted Cumin Powder - ½ tsp
- Amchoor powder - 2 tsp
- Garam Masala - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Fresh Coriander - 2 tbsp ( Chopped )
- Tomato - 2 ( Finely chopped )
- Tomato purees - 3 tbsp
- Coriander Powder - 3 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Wash the rajma and soak in enough water for 5-6 hours.
- Drain the water. Add the soaked rajma is a pressure cooker with 2 tsp of salt and 3 cups of water. Cook till rajma is soft and cooked.
- Remove the pressure cooker from heat and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot, add onion and fry till translucent. Add Ginger Garlic paste and fry till onion is golden brown.
- Add chopped tomato and tomato puree and cook for a minute. Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, Kashmiri red chili powder, roasted cumin powder, amchur powder and garam masala powder and fry for a few seconds.
- Add ½ cup water and cook the masala till oil separates on the side of the pan. Add the cooked rajma along with the water and cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Slightly press a few rajmas with the back of a ladle. Add more water and salt if required.
- Garnish with Fresh Coriander. Serve hot with steamed rice.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5