Rajasthani Ker Sangri Ki Subzi recipe shared by Riddhima Nair from Indai Food Network.
Rajasthani Ker Sangri Ki Subzi – It is cooked with a variety of masalas to make this traditional delicious dish. It is very delightful and tastes even better with bajre Ki Roti.
This ker sangri Ki subzi is also made with some oil and spices and is very good to carry for traveling as it stays fresh for 2 – 3 days without a refrigerator.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|20 mins||1 hour||1 hour, 20 mins|
- ½ cup Ker
- 3 cups Sangri
- 6 tbsp Oil
- ¼ tsp Heeng / Asafoetida
- 1 tsp Zeera / Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Saunf / Fennel Seeds
- 4-5 Dry red chilies
- 3 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala powder
- 2 tsp Amchoor powder
- 2 tbsp Curd
- ¼ cup Kishmish / Raisins
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander for garnishing
- Wash the ker and the sangri separately a few times to remove all the dirt and soak in water for 8-10 hours.
- Wash again a few times. Add Ker and Sangri in a pressure cooker and add water and salt.
- Pressure cook for 1 whistle on high heat and then remove the cooker from the heat.
- Drain the ker sangri and wash them once more. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot, add in heeng, zeera and saunf.
- Add dry red chilies and fry for a few seconds. Put the cooked ker and sangri.
- Add coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, amchoor powder and mix well.
- Put in curd, raisins, salt and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes. Garnish with fresh coriander.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5