Spiral Veggie Pie and Winter Herbs recipe shared by Rebecca from RawSpiceBar.
We love this spiral veggie pie using our blend of winter herbs. A crusted, savory pie is the perfect, easy to make December dish.
This recipe and photo is courtesy of Hampton’s Lane Tarts & Pies box.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|20 mins||20 mins||40 mins|
- 1 pouch RawSpiceBar's winter herbs
- 1/2 perfect piecrust (see recipe)
- 2 zucchini, washed
- 2 yellow squash, washed
- 5 large carrots, washed (multi colored optional)
- 1 purple eggplant, washed
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Lay piecrust in pan and trim. Spread thin layer of mustard in bottom of piecrust and sprinkle with ½ tbsp of RawSpiceBar's Winter Herbs. Set aside.
- Use a peeler to make long strips of all the vegetables. You want them to look colorful, so make sure there is color along the edges (especially with the egg plant). Put all the strip in a bowl and lightly drizzle with olive oil and ½ tbsp of RawSpiceBar's Winter Herbs. Toss until all pieces have olive oil and spice on them.
- To assemble, take a piece of zucchini and roll into a spiral. Stand it straight up in the middle of the pie. Begin to wrap strips of the other vegetables around it like a May Pole. Go in a pattern so there is a lot of color variance in the pie. Continue until the entire pie is filled. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp of RawSpiceBar's Winter Herbs and bake for 40 minutes. Serve warm.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5