October 26, 2017
Vietnamese Summer Rolls with Crispy Tofu recipe shared by Matt from Vegan.io.
Vietnamese Summer Rolls with Crispy Tofu
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|22 mins||8 mins||30 mins|
- 1 dash black pepper
- 3 small carrot (sliced into strips)
- 1 tbsp chives
- 6 1⁄4 oz firm tofu (sliced)
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion (sliced into strips)
- 8 sheets rice paper
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 head white cabbage (sliced into strips)
- 3 small zucchini (sliced into strips)
- Heat the oven up to 200°C (390°F).
- Place the sliced vegetables in a bowl. Season them with oil, salt, pepper and lime to taste and let them rest.
- Warm 2 litres of water in a large pot.
- Season the tofu with oil, chives, salt and pepper to taste and squeeze a 1/4 of lime on it.
- Bake the tofu in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Dip the rice paper sheets in the hot water till they soften (avoid burning your hands by rotating the sheet and avoid the sheets to stick to themselves).
- Lay down the sheets on a chopping board and lay on top of them the vegetables and the sliced tofu.
- Roll both sides of the rice paper sheets to shape a roll.
- Eat them!
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5