Avocado and Chia Buckwheat Waffles recipe shared by Nikki from Nutricounter.
Buckwheat is a nutritious and versatile pseudo cereal that can offer many health benefits. Modern wheat breeds contain very high levels of gluten. Buckwheat is gluten-free, which makes it a great alternative for people with celiac disease or gluten intolerance. It can be used to make flour, noodles, pancakes, and waffles along with other products that are normally made with wheat.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 mins||10 mins||15 mins|
- 120g/4.25oz buckwheat flour
- 25g/1oz chia seeds
- 375ml/12.75fl oz soy milk
- 80g/2.75oz avocado
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Let stand for at least 2 minutes, then blend again.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes in a waffle iron.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5