November 25, 2017
Barley with Green Asparagus and Spinach recipe shared by Matt from Vegan.io.
Barley with Green Asparagus and Spinach
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 mins||30 mins||35 mins|
For the barley
- 1 cup barley
- 3 cups water
For the vegetable
- 16 oz asparagus green (washed and chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 8 oz spinach (washed and chopped)
For the seeds
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almond (roasted)
For the seasoning
- 1 dash black pepper (ground)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Cook the barley in water until soft for about 30 minutes.
- Boil the chopped asparagus for about 3-5 minutes in water until it's still a bit crunchy.
- Preheat a big skillet and roast the garlic for 1 minute, then add the asparagus and fry everything four another 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach, barley and seasoning and stir everything well until the spinach wilts.
- For serving, adjust taste and sprinkle the roasted almonds on top.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5