Karamani Vadai |Black eyed beans vada recipe shared by Ranjani from Ranjani’s Kitchen.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 hours||5 mins||5 hours, 5 mins|
- Karamani/black eyed beans – 1 cup
- Big onions – 1 no
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Carrot – 1 no(optional)
- Red chillies – 3 nos
- 8 Curry leaves – few
- Fennel seeds/sombhu - 1 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Oil – to deep fry
- Soak karamani in water overnight or 4 to 5 hrs.
- In mixer jar. Grind red chillies and fennel seeds coarsely and keep aside.
- In the same jar, grind karamani to coarse level along with salt.
- Add chopped onions, ginger garlic paste,curry leaves,carrot and coarsely grounded red chilli to it.
- Mix well to make patties.
- Heat a kadai, add enough oil to deep fry vadai.
- Pinch a small portion from the vada batter, and form as round patties using your palm and make a hole in centre using your finger.
- Put it in hot oil and deep fry in medium low flame. Fry till golden on both sides.
- Drain oil and place it in kitchen tissue.Serve hot with chutney or sauce.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5
Instead of red chilli , you can add green chillies also.
No need to grind them. Chop thinly and add it to batter.[br]While frying the vadas, keep the flame medium low to not burn the vadai.
Add handful of chopped coriander leaves if you want.