October 22, 2017
Cashew Nut, Pineapple and Tempeh Fried Rice recipe shared by Matt from Vegan.io.
Cashew Nut, Pineapple and Tempeh Fried Rice
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|15 mins||30 mins||45 mins|
For the Stir Fry
- 5 oz carrot (grated)
- 1⁄2 cup cashew nuts
- 1 large celery (chopped)
- 1 cup frozen green peas (defrost)
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 pineapple (diced)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 10 oz tempeh (diced)
For the Rice
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups water
- Boil the rice in a big pot of water for about 30 minutes until soft.
- Preheat the oven to 300 F (150 degrees) and roast the cashew nuts for 3-5 minutes
- Use a big skillet and heat the sesame oil up and add the onion and tempeh, fry for about 10 minutes until tempeh is slightly golden and the onions are soft.
- After 10 minutes add the carrot, celery, pineapple and peas and fry for another 5 minutes.
- As last step add the liquids and the cashew nuts and mix everything well with the rice before serving.
Notes:Calories: 593 Fat: 20g Saturated fat: 4g Carbohydrates: 75g Sugar: 24g Sodium: 504.81mg Fiber: 8g Protein: 28g Cholesterol: 0mg
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5