by: Maren Epstein
February 2, 2016
Dairy Free Tomato Soup with Cumin and Red Pepper Chili Flakes recipe shared by Maren from EatingWorks.
Dairy Free Tomato Soup with Cumin and Red Pepper Chili Flakes
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|30 mins||30 mins||1 hour|
- 2 Large Sweet Onions (10oz), large dice
- 4 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 2 Pinches Red Pepper Chili Flakes, toasted
- 1T Cumin Seeds, toasted
- 1 28oz Can Organic Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 4 Large Tomatoes, diced
- 3C Low Sodium Vegetable Stock
- 2T Unsalted Organic Butter
- 1T Rice Wine Vinegar
- In a large soup pot over a medium low flame sweat the onions until translucent (5-7 minutes).
- Add the garlic, cumin and chili pepper and saute until fragrant (1-3 min) over a medium flame.
- Add the fresh tomatoes and canned fire roasted tomatoes and saute until the tomatoes are soft (10 min) and season with salt.
- Add the stock and allow the soup to simmer for (20-25 min) partially covered.
- Once the soup is cool enough to handle, blend in the blender with the butter and then return to the pot.
- Stir in Rice Wine Vinegar and finish with salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy :)
Notes:Equipment: Skillet, large soup pot
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5