Hazelnut-Carmelized Plantains with Green Tea Salted Vanilla Ice Cream recipe shared by James Evans from Gustus Vitae.
This quick and challenging dessert is unlike anything that you have ever had before. Sliced plantains lightly browned with hazelnut notes and brown sugar lend a sweetness that oozes with each bite.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 mins||10 mins||15 mins|
- 2 Tbsp Dark brown sugar
- 2 or 3 Ripe plantains
- 1 Tbsp hazelnut syrup
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Gustus Vitae Green Tea Sea Salt
- Slice plantains
- Place in skillet over medium-high heat and sprinkle with brown sugar and honey
- Continue stirring until plantains begin to soften
- Add hazelnut syrup and continue stirring, careful not to over-cook plantain and sugar mixture
- Remove plantains and place on plate
- Scoop vanilla ice cream and sprinkle with Gustus Vitae Green Tea Sea Salt
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5
This fragrant and warm fruit binds with cold and tasty vanilla ice cream to create the perfect balance. Elevating this dish to an even higher standard is Gustus Vitae Green Tea Sea Salt. This changes the flavor by adding a salty, yet mildly bitter taste to create a dessert that is both delicious in flavor and characterized with uniqueness and gorgeous color.