October 17, 2016
Vegan Wild Mushroom and Beetroot Pie recipe shared by Julia from Vegan.io.
Vegan Wild Mushroom and Beetroot Pie
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|15 mins||25 mins||40 mins|
For the Crust
- 0.5 cups margarine (chilled)
- 1 dash sea salt
- 2 tablespoons soy milk
- 1.25 cups wheat flour
For the Filling
- 0.5 lbs beetroot (peeled and diced)
- 0.5 tsps black pepper (ground)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 leek (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 0.5 tsps salt
- 0.25 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon wheat flour
- 1 lb wild mushroom (thickly sliced)
For the Garnish
- 2 salad greens (thinly sliced)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180 degrees). Boil the diced beetroot in water for 10 minutes until slightly soft.
- For the crust, mix flour and salt, dice the vegan butter and rub it into the flour until crumbly.
- Add the soy milk, 1 tbsp at a time and mix until the dough just comes together. Do not over-mix.
- Roll the dough to 0.39" (1 cm) thickness and press into an 8” (20 cm) pie or tart mold.
- Prick the base all over with a fork and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling, heat up olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the onion and leek until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and cook another 5 minutes, add vegetable stock, oregano and flour.
- Cook, stirring continuously until the liquids have thickened.
- Turn off the heat and add the cooked beetroot, season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble, scoop the mushroom filling onto the half-baked pie crust.
- Continue baking for another 10 minutes, and serve immediately with salad greens.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5
Easy vegan baked pie dish with the delicious combination of beetroot and wild mushrooms.